Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy 85th Birthday Mom

Yesterday was my mom's 85th birthday!  Today we are celebrating at my house with just the grandchildren and my husband and me.  I wanted to make a special card for her and remembered I had this die.  I purchased it after seeing a card Jennifer McGuire created for the Summer Card Camp class from Online Card Classes.  I just had to have it, but of course, it has never been used until now!  I cased the card Jennifer created with a few changes.
 
The die was cut from white card stock that I doubled up for more stability (this die is very fragile).  The butterflies are attached at different places on the die, but I cut them off so I could place them elsewhere.  I covered the die with Versamark ink and Verdigris embossing powder.  I did this twice.  I ran a piece of card stock through an embossing folder and adhered it to the card front.  I cut another piece and embossed the sentiment on it then sprayed it with gold mist.  The butterflies were colored with copic markers and then embossed with a hologram embossing powder.  It's very sparkly in person.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Just Us Girls photo inspiration challenge!  See you then!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes, Women of Life (PTI)
Ink:  Copic markers, Versamark
Paper:  Neenah white
Accessories:  Butterfly Tendrils (Simon Says Stamp), Verdigris, hologram highlights, and gold embossing powders, Heidi Swapp gold mist, embossing folder, dimensionals

Photobucket

8 comments:

Marisa said...

A Happy Birthday to your mom!! What a wonderful milestone :) Gorgeous card which I'm sure she loved!

Hannelie said...

Happy birthday to your mom, Lisa!
What a beautiful card for this special occasion!

Lynn said...

Happy, happy birthday to your mom Lisa! What a wonderful way to celebrate surrounded by family. I'm sure she'll love your stunning card.

Gerrina said...

Congratulations with your mom's birthday! Hope you have a great day!
Love the card! It is a pitty that the sparkle on a photo isn't showing that great. Good idea to have totally different backgrounds on one card!
Bought a simmular die myself two weeks ago and it is stil laying on my desk...got to do something else with it instead of placing it elsewhere everytime I'm going to make something... Hugs, Gerrina

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to your mom, Lisa! This is such a stunning card perfectly made for an amazing woman! I love every detail of it (I adore the gold mist!).

Hugs,
Shery

sandie said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum and hope it is a day full of fun. She is going to love this card, that die looks amazing and the colour pops x

Sharyn Polesel said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Beautiful card, Lisa. I'm sure she will love it!

Beverley said...

SO pretty, love all the texture & ink splatters. I bet your Mom loved it. Belated Birthday Wishes to your Mom! Hugs Bev x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin