Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Online Card Classes - Clean & Simple


Hello!  I had a snow day today, so I was able to get inky for an hour or two.   I'm taking the Clean & Simple Card Making class from Online Card Classes and I just LOVED what the girls showed us today.  I was intrigued by the masking techniques that Jennifer and Laura did and it was surprisingly easy to recreate.

 
Jennifer used a mask and a stencil on one of her cards, and since I love stencils I decided to try that for my first card.  I used some Eclipse masking paper and the die to die cut the opening.  Then I die cut the butterfly out of the middle of that.  I put the stencil on top and sponged two different inks over it.  It's really cool when you remove the stencil and masks to see the design that's left!  The sentiment was stamped after everything was revealed.

This card is almost an identical case of Laura's card.  I've been itching to use this new to me background stamp from MFT.  I stamped it in gray ink and then used various inks with various size circles.  I just had to use the yellow and green Color Theory inks which I just purchased from Studio Calico.  Just beautiful colors!  I used the same mask as in the previous card.

This last card is another case of Jennifer's card.  I once again used the same mask.  This time I created a floral design.  After stamping, I sponged some yellow ink over the design.  I had to add the sequins because some of the ink bled through the mask.  It's still a one layer card
 

These were such fun to make and so simple to achieve these looks.  I love these classes because I have access to them forever.  I do go back and look at some of the techniques they've taught in other classes, so they are worth the money (which really isn't all that much!).
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Make sure you stop by tomorrow because there is a new challenge in blog land called Time Out Challenges and I'm on the design team!  I think you'll like the challenges we have planned for you!  I'm looking forward to you stopping by to see what it's all about!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Fresh Cut Florals and Folk Art Florals (WPlus9), Beautiful Blooms II (PTI), Oh Happy Day (Avery Elle), Birthday Greetings and Patterned Triangles background (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black; butter bar, pale tomato, bubble gum (Hero Arts); emerald city, sunny day (Color Theory); smoky slate (SU)
Paper:  Neenah white, PTI white
Accessories:  Eclipse masking paper, rounded banner dies (MFT), Darla butterfly (Memory Box), Color Theory sequins 


Photobucket

10 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful cards from today's class!

Meg said...

They are all really beautiful - you should get an "A" for your homework!

Kristina H said...

They are all wonderful! I can't wait to try the masking too.

Robin K. said...

Looks like you enjoyed your snow day:). Love seeing your "homework" and look forward to checking out the new challenge blog!

Lynn said...

Hey there Lisa...aren't you loving this class!? Your cards are beautiful. I'm having so much fun taking it!

Marisa said...

Well done on both!! Oh how I need to take this class so I'm not a CAS geek any more LOL!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Fabulous cards!! I love the butterfly, it's like stained glass almost! And so awesome that you could make 3 completely different cards with the same template!
<3 Emily L.

Kara said...

these are awesome!

Dana Joy said...

Amazing cards!!! Simply so beautiful Lisa.

Nonni said...

These are all STUNNING, especially the last one. I'm taking the class too but haven't had time to create anything... I'm really enjoying the tutorials and all the inspiration though so when I'll have the time I know what to make -one layers! :) Have a fun weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin