Thursday, March 27, 2014

Time Out #2 - Home Sweet Home Challenge

It's time for the second Time Out Challenge.  This time the challenge is called Home Sweet Home, and for this challenge we provide a photo from a part of a home for your inspiration.  I love the clean look of this bedding and those butterflies are just so beautiful!
 
I went very CAS with my card.  But just because it's CAS, doesn't mean it's a 1-2-3 card!  I had to do the main panel at least twice before I got it right on this one.  I was using a new bottle of Tombow mono multi glue and it was getting everywhere and leaving spots on the white card stock!  Then I tried using a new SU chocolate chip ink (I don't like the new pads) and ink got on my hands and invariably the card!  Anyway....I finally got it right with no (visible) spots!  I stuck with the patterned butterflies you see on the spread and that little strip is like the edging on the spread.  The base of the card was run through the linen impression plate for a little bit of texture.  I added some shimmer with the Wink of Stella brush.
 
This is the sketch I used from this week's Retro Sketches.  Loved it!  So different!
 
You can see more fabby designs from the Time Out DT at these blogs.
 
 
This challenge is on a two week run, so you have lots of time to link up!  Hope to see you taking the Time Out to play with us!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Tag You're It (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah white, Market Square (Farmhouse)
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa
Accessories:  Linen impression plate (PTI), Darla Butterfly die (Memory Box), Wink of Stella shimmer brush, dimensionals


Photobucket

9 comments:

sandie said...

I see you are a fan of the Linen Impression plate...think I am a bit addicted to it! This is such a stunning take on the photo and my fav bit is the touch of white thread in the centre of the butterfly, it just adds a touch of softness to the pattern, fab!

Gerrina said...

Love the little panal and the DP you used under this beautiful butterfly! Hugs, Gerrina

Lynn said...

I love this Lisa...such deep rich colors and the butterfly detail is absolutely beautiful. Don't you hate inky fingers?!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Beautiful take on both the inspiration photo and the sketch! Love it!

Unknown said...

This is stunning. That butterfly is just GORGEOUS!!! Laura xx

Nonni said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa. This really reflects the photo beautifully. I love the patterned butterfly. xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

This is so beautiful and totally encompasses the inspiration photo - stunning work :)

Hannelie said...

Your effort was worthwhile Lisa!
it is beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Love your card here, too! It was the best idea to add that stripe to the edge-really finished the card nicely! Perfect with the inspiration photo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin