Sunday, June 8, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #28 - Color Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone!  I'm such an airhead!  This is my second week as a DT member on the Christmas Card Challenge and I forgot to do my card!  I got mixed up with my other DT which is on a two week rotation!  Sheesh!  I cannot believe I did that!  Anyway, this week is a color challenge and we have these gorgeous blues to work with.
 
I decided to watercolor a background with these colors, although there doesn't look like too much of a difference in the three colors I chose:  tumbled glass, broken china, and salty ocean.  I used distress markers and colored right on the paper, then used water and a paint brush to move the color around.  Then I die cut the border and added the left over snowflakes to the panel.  You can't see it, but the border and snowflakes were shimmered up with some Wink of Stella shimmer.
 
You can see more inspiration on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Rustic Wreath (PTI)
Paper: Neenah white, Tim Holtz watercolor paper
Ink:  Tumbled glass, broken china, salty ocean distress markers; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Frostyville border die (Memory Box), Wink of Stella shimmer brush
 


Photobucket

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Heather said...

Well, I can see the difference in colors. Gorgeous card. I really like the border die also.

Nonni said...

Oh this is beautiful, great winter sky! xxx

Gerrina said...

With the 28degrees here at the moment this card feels so out of place, still it is a beauty and some of those christal would be handy to cool down a bit.... Hugs, Gerrina

Lynn said...

I think it is end of the school year madness! I have been missing things that I normally don't. Your card is a beauty. Love the intricate die cut Lisa.

Cheryl said...

You're NOT an airhead and your card is beautiful! Love the blues and white!
Good luck in Jennifer's giveaway!
Such a nice comment! :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin