Saturday, July 2, 2016

Just Us Girls #350 - Word Week


Happy 4th of July weekend to my American friends!  It's word week over at Just Us Girls and Maria has chosen the word "summer".
 
I wanted to make a background with sunbeams, and chose this stencil from Memory Box.  I inked the back of it with three Distress inks and spritzed it with water then laid it on a piece of watercolor paper.  I then die cut the word from this piece and from black fun foam.  I layered the two and set it aside.  Using my mini MISTI, I stamped the sentiment.  (I messed up my original watercolor piece with my stamping, so the MISTI came in handy for try #2!)  I layered everything on black cardstock and added sequins.  I covered the die cut with shimmer and glossy accents for some shine.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Shakers and Sprinkles (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, Strathmore watercolor paper
Ink:  Ripe persimmon, mustard seed, and squeezed lemonade distress inks; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Shakers and Sprinkles die (PTI), Shine stencil (Memory Box), black fun foam, sequins, spectrum noir crystal clear, glossy accents

Photobucket

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful stencil, and I love the way you inked it. Love your die cut sentiment too.

Gerrina said...

You can allmost feel the warmth through this card! Looks so sunny! Enjoy your sunday!

Graciellie Design said...

I just joined the challenge and had to come take a closer look to your card. Love what you did with the word die. Hugs.

Ina G said...

Hope my comment went through as I am on my phone and clicked what I thought was the comment .

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the stenciled background and that beautiful sentiment!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the blending on the stenciled background. I can feel the warm sun shining. Beautiful!

Judy Woodland said...

Super pretty card, and such a unique take on the challenge. Love how you used the black foam behind the die cut....genius. I must remember that. Great colors too!!

Maria said...

Stunning! LOVE the colors and that you die cut on the foam to make it layer and stick! Great job!

cm said...

Hmmm...evidently blogger played hide-and-seek with my comment...good thing I checked. Trying again (fingers crossed)...your summer-themed card has planted a smile alllll over my face! You've created such an impact with the stencil; a perfect sunny background for your sentiment! WOW! Thank you for inviting me to be your July GD! Honoured!
~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin