Saturday, July 9, 2016

Just Us Girls #351 - Trend Week

Happy Saturday!  It's been super hot and humid here this week.  Not a fan of humidity!
 
We have a new challenge over at Just Us Girls.  It's Trend Week and Vicki chose sponging.  One of my favorite things to do!
 
I just received a box full of the new MFT products yesterday and thought I color up the little bear with copics.  I gave him some texture by putting some copic various ink on a washcloth and dabbing it on him. (I remember seeing this done when I went for my copic certification and thinking it was so cool!)  I added some shimmer on the balloon and box.  The sponging came in on the background.  I taped off the perimeter of the cardstock and sponged distress inks on it.  Then I splattered it with water.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink and embossed.  The bear was added with fun foam and I also added some sequins.
 
I'm also entering this in the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  I've colored a couple of other things...one didn't turn out good and the other I haven't finished.  I'll be posting it later.
this one
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Beary Special Birthday (MFT), Hippo Bird Day (Gina K)
Paper:  Recollections white, Bermuda bay
Ink:  Versafine onyx black; broken china, cracked pistachio, peacock feathers distress inks
Accessories:  Beary Special Birthday die (MFT), sequins, clear embossing powder, copic various ink, fun foam, white gel pen, Spectrum Noir crystal clear

Photobucket

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally adorable!

Gerrina said...

Your sponging looks so perfect; love that you made it look like a frame! Hope the weather overthere will go either way...would be nicer I think... Enjoy the weekend!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is totally cute! I love how you sponged and splashed background turned out and the texture on the darling little bear is perfect!

Nancy said...

Really adore that bear Lisa and love the texture you added! You background looks amazing too! Super card as always!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

I am so with you on the humidity deal, Lisa! That wonderful water splattered bg is fantastically cool and refreshing though:)! The bear is totally sweet with his balloon, and cool idea texturing with the washcloth!

Ina G said...

Such a cute card. Fabulous background.

cm said...

Oh my stars! How adorable is that little bear! You've created a most gorgeous background for him! Talk about one darling, charming card! Thrilled to be your GD for this challenge; I love sponging!
~carol

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love all your texture here, especially on that little bear. Your card is adorable and just makes me smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin