Saturday, July 16, 2016

Just Us Girls #352 - Color Week

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another challenge at Just Us Girls!  It's color week, and Bobby chose these fun colors.
 
I've also been participating in the My Favorite Things Camp Create all week, and I'm on day 4 which is Magnificent Masking
Print
 
These colors were perfect for my masked background.  I die cut this cover plate from masking paper and sponged yellow, coral, and pink inks onto the cardstock.  Removing the mask is such a thrill to see the pattern emerge!  I then stamped the flower in the three colors and the leaves in a light green and the veins in pink.  The sentiment was die cut from cardstock and fun foam and then I added shimmer to it.  I used a white gel pen to add dots to the flower center.  Those other white dots are Nuvo Crystal Drops.
 
Here's my badge I earned for participating in this challenge.
Print
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Flashy Flowers (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, melon mambo
Ink:  Squeezed lemonade, abandoned coral, picked raspberry (distress inks); dandelion, morocco, rose bud, pear tart (Memento Luxe)
Accessories:  Fishnet cover up die (MFT), happy birthday die (MFT), Inkadinkadoo masking paper, Nuvo Crystal Drops, Spectrum Noir crystal clear shimmer, dimensional tape, fun foam, Mini Misti

Photobucket

11 comments:

Lynn said...

The background inking is stunning Lisa. Love this color palette.

Nancy said...

You and Sharyn make the best backgrounds of anyone I know! Beautiful card Lisa!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely background - great use of the colors

Kathy W said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors you blended in your background; thanks for the inspiration.

Sharyn Polesel said...

The masking is fantastic, and I love the sponging. Your colors are gorgeous! Beautiful card!

cm said...

Your vibrant card is a real day-brightener, Lisa! A fabulous masked/blended background for your pretty flowers and sentiment! Amazing! Once again, thrilled to be on board with you and the team for this challenge. Thank you...
~carol

Gerrina said...

What a stunning background! Love the vibrant colours this way! Hope your weekend is going well.

Bobby said...

Using the cover plate as a mask worked beautifully, Lisa. The inking is lovely and the mask left nice crisp edges.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You background is awesome and so creative to die cut the cover plate with masking paper, I think I need some of that stuff! Beautiful blending of the colors and love that big flower and die cut sentiment.

Ina G said...

Wow! Lisa that background is STUNNING! Simply gorgeous flowers featured. A beautiful colour combination this week at JUGS.

Judy Woodland said...

Very pretty, bright card. The masking looks like so much fun. LOVE how you have used the challenge colors, well done!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin