Saturday, July 23, 2016

Just Us Girls #353 - Photo Inspiration

Hi all!  There's a new challenge up on the Just Us Girls blog!  It's photo inspiration week and Sue chose this golfing photo.  I started playing golf last year so this is right up my alley!
 
I purchased this golf cart stamp last year at a stamp show.  My good friend Tracy started golfing this year, and we've been golfing together.  She gave me a beautiful bracelet the other day for my birthday (a few months late!) and I wanted to send her a thank you card.  I thought this golf cart image would be cute to send to her.  I did some masking on this card.  I stamped the cart on the cardstock (several times using the Mini Misti!) and also on masking paper.  I also die cut some clouds from the masking paper.  The cart was covered with the mask and then I added the cloud masks.  I sponged some blue distress ink on the background, removed the masks, then colored the image with copic markers (we have the same clubs and our bags are blue).  The grass was created with a punch and adhered with some fun foam.  I added the sentiment (layered four times), some sequins, and Spectrum Noir crystal clear shimmer.
 
I'm also going to enter this in the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.
this one
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Golf Cart (The Artful Stamper)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red black
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, copic markers
Accessories:  Cloud trio die (MFT), Thanks die (Impression Obsession), Martha Stewart grass punch, sequins, Spectrum Noir crystal clear, fun foam, Mini Misti

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Super cute image and card! Great job with the masking. Perfect card for your golfing friend. I'm sure she will love it!

Chris Dring said...

Love the masked panel and such an adorable image! Wonderful card!

cm said...

What a sweet little golf cart; a perfect thank you card for your golfing friend. I know she'll love it as much as you love your new bracelet! Again, thrilled to be your GD for this challenge...thank you!
~carol

Nancy said...

Such a fabulous card Lisa! Love the added clouds and the bits of sequins! I Love to watch golf and being new to the game I knew it was going to be hard....but boy is it ever! Of course now that I have the time to play, and the rates are cheaper, it's to stinkin' hot! LOL

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute image, and yes, perfect for a thank you card for your golfing friend. I love the way you have used those bright colors and the clouds in the sky are wonderful. Great grass too. Awesome card!

Ina G said...

Simply awesome! A fabulous card and just perfect for that golfing friend. I am sure she will treasure it Lisa.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a perfect card for a golfing partner! I love that golf cart and your sky background is awesome!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun golf cart!!

Kathy said...

What a creative way to say thank you. Love your entire scene you created. Very clever card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin