Saturday, July 30, 2016

Just Us Girls #354 - Wild Card: "Let's Hear it for the Girls!"

There's a new challenge over at Just Us Girls.  It's our Wild Card challenge and Nancy wants us to make a "girly" card.  Pink is girly, right?
 
I chose three shades of pink to create my card today.  The flamingo is a layering stamp, so I used the Mini Misti to help me stamp it correctly.  It also allowed me to stamp it a couple of times to get even coverage.  The background was stamped in the three pink colors as well.  The flamingo was die cut after stamping and also die cut from fun foam for dimension.  I stamped the sentiment, added the crystals, and rounded the corners. 
 
I used this week's CAS(E) this Sketch as my starting point.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest, Carol, on the JUGs blog.  This is Carol's last week guesting with us, and we'd like to thank her for joining us with her fabulous creations.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Color Layering: Flamingo (Hero Arts), Abstract Art (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, pretty in pink
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, pretty in pink, bubble gum, melon mambo, cornflower
Accessories:  Color Layering: Flamingo die (Hero Arts), Spectrum Noir crystal clear, crystals, fun foam, corner rounder, Mini Misti

Photobucket

16 comments:

Hannelie said...

My OH my Lisa! This looks amazing! LOVE it!
Thanks for the inspiration and for joining CTS!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

LeAnne said...

Love this!!! So flirty and fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this die cut - the 2 step stamping looks fabulous

Nancy said...

Love your card Lisa! I just got my Misti and I sure am enjoying it! Thanks for the heads up last night!

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! I love your card! That flamingo rocks and love all the shades of pink!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I am a flamingo girl and I love this card! What better way to make a girly card than to use this beautiful pink bird. Great design!

Lynn said...

Wow. I absolutely love this Lisa. The background is awesome and the flamingo is so so fun!

Ina G said...

Those flamingos have bred well and are everywhere in Blogland. Love this card Lisa and the simple background. Great finish with the bling and corner rounding. 'Fabulous'

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!

cm said...

FLAMINGO! *fist pump* Your pretty, layered flamingo is gorgeous, especially set against the backdrop of the paintbrush strokes. Gorgeous! Aren't the HA layered stamps/dies fun? I'm hoping to add the pineapple to my collection at some point! Thank you soooooo much for the opportunity to join the fabulous team this month; a highlight of my crafting career in every way! You’ll for sure see me playing along in the gallery!
Hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, this is fabulous! I love that layered flamingo on this beautiful design! Flamingos are among one of my favorites and this one is a real beauty!

Marlena M. said...

LOVE this~it's awesome!

Alexandra said...

What a lovely card ! I love the flamingo and all that pink <3! Just fabulous!

moi said...

WOW, great take on sketch. I love colors you choose.

donna mikasa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin