Tuesday, July 12, 2016

MFT Camp Create Day 1 - Fantastic Foiling

Hi all!  It's Camp Create week at My Favorite Things and I'm hoping to attend all week.  I'm a day behind, so I have to catch up! 
The challenge for day 1 is foiling.  I have a Minc Mini machine, but don't have a laser printer to do the foiling.  There are other methods, and I chose to use the foiling pen.
Print
You can't see the foiling on this picture, but you can see it on the next one.  I foiled the center of the flower and the stamens.  I first die cut the flower and leaves then added the ink from the pen, placed the foil over the flower, and put it through the Minc Mini.  This was flower was my second try.  It didn't work out very well on the first try, but I did get it to work fine on the second try.  Then I colored it with copic markers.  I then went to work on the watercolored panel.  I used yellow, orange, and green distress inks, dried it, and then put some water droplets on it.  It's adhered to the base with fun foam.  The flower is attached with dimensional tape.  I finished it off with sequins. 

Here's a close-up of the flower so you can see the foil in the light.

 I used the sketch from Can You Case It challenge blog
CYCI#128
 
Here's my badge for this challenge!
Print

 I'm working on the day 2 challenge today which is coloring on kraft.  I don't know that I've ever tried that technique.  I have to break out the Prismacolor pencils!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps:  Funky Flowers (MFT), Sentiment (Verve)
Paper:  Recollections white, Strathmore watercolor
Ink:  Spiced marmalade, mustard seed, and twisted citron distress inks; Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Funky Flowers dies (MFT), sequins, Minc Mini, foil, fun foam, dimensional tape


Photobucket

10 comments:

Chloe said...

What a beautiful and happy card Lisa. The foil in the middle of the flower is amazing and I love the colouring too. Thanks so much for joining us at CYCI - Chlo x

Pat said...

That is a great card. I love the color choices and sequins really set it off.

Jeanne Bobish said...

Lisa, This is such a bright cheerful card, I just LOVE it! The flower is gorgeous and adds that special touch! Thanks so much for joining CYCI this week! Jeanne

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty! Happy colors! Can't wait to see your coloring on kraft, too!

Unknown said...

Lisa...what a fun bright card...I love the background and that flower is simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

Dawn Fields said...

Hello Lisa! Love this beautiful card! So bright and cheerful...and that sentiment is wonderful. Sure to make someone's day sunny and bright. Thanks for playing with us at CYCI! Dawn

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I am in LOVE!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It Lisa, this is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Lisa, Love your bright and cheery card!! Thanks for joining CYCI!Laura

Rose Packer said...

What a lovely card Lisa. It's bright and fun, I like that flower detail too. Thanks for playing along at CYCI. Rose.

char said...

Hi Lisa, I love your card! The card is really cute and I love the background. The drops of water really add just the right touch! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI this week. char

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin