Thursday, July 7, 2016

Time Out Challenge #61 - Inspired by Words

We are being inspired by words over at the Time Out blog.  Here's the inspiration:
Anthony J. D'Angelo
 
I immediately thought of this sun when I saw the inspiration quote, then I saw this rainbow in my "new, never used" box.  I had to use both.  I die cut the rainbow from watercolor paper and colored each piece with Zig brushes in rainbow colors.  I spritzed them with water and lifted some of the color with a paper towel.  I did the same with the sun and then stamped the cute face on it.  It went along nicely with the sentiment die cut which was cut four times and stacked.  I added some shimmer to the word and some sequins.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and out guest for this challenge, Sue, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Best Buds (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Recollections white, summer sun, Masters Touch watercolor paper
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Zig clean color brush markers
Accessories:  End of the Rainbow die (MFT), Large Sunshine die (Lil' Inkers), Smile die (Lil' Inkers), sequins, Spectrum Noir crystal clear marker, fun foam


Photobucket

6 comments:

Lynn said...

So so sweet Lisa. Love the water color rainbow!

Michele Kovack said...

This card is so bright and cheerful! I made me smile for sure!

sandie said...

The perfect sunshine card and fab water colouring, must have been quite tricky, this would make everyone smile x

Gerrina said...

Great watercoloring! And a card that made me smile instantly! What dould I do else seeing a rainbow? Hugs, Gerrina

Jill V said...

Your card is so sunny and happy that it made me smile as soon as I saw saw it! I love the bright colours and uplifting feel of it!

Anita in France said...

I did, Lisa ... smile that is! What a fabulous, bright, happy, sunny scene ... that watercolour rainbow is just delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin