Thursday, July 21, 2016

Time Out Challenge #62 - Home Sweet Home

Hi all!  I hope you are enjoying your summer!  I'm having a good time at my cabin with my hubby, golfing, and hanging out with the girls!
 
There's a new challenge over on the Time Out blog.  It's Home Sweet Home week where we provide a photo of a room in a house for your inspiration.

Here's the photo.  Lots of inspiration!

 
I happen to spy that framed alphabet hanging on the wall.  I just recently found this alphabet cover plate in my dies and knew that it would be perfect for this challenge!  I die cut it from black and then again from red cardstock.  I cut the A-E-I-O-U letters (I didn't see that the Y was also in red on the photo!) from the red cardstock and applied them over the black letters, like it is in the photo.  I debated what sentiment to put on it, when I realized I needed a graduation card.  Perfect!
 
You can see more from the Time Out DT and our guest for this challenge, Stephanie, on the Time Out blog
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red, black
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Alphabet cover plate (Lil' Inkers), Trio Banner die (WP9), white embossing powder, Nuvo crystal drops

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jill V said...

Such a great take on the inspiration photo, Lisa - and absolutely perfect for a new grad! I love the bold black and red letters - so perfect against the white background - it creates a great graphic design! I don't know if that cover plate die is still available - but if it is, it will definitely end up in my cart :) Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Gerrina said...

Sometimes all comes together... Think your card is a stunning one! Great graphic design! Hugs, Gerrina

LeAnne said...

This is SOOOOO cool!

sandie said...

Oh that is the perfect cover plate for this photo and adding these letter for a grad card is just such a cool idea. Just love the graphic look. Have fun on your hols x

Lynn said...

You cover plate is perfection. Love that you made this a grad card!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!

Joyce said...

Bold and stunning. Love how you made your vowels red.

Anita in France said...

Cool, bold, graphic and fabulous, Lisa ... what a stunning take on the photo inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin