Thursday, July 21, 2016

Time Out Challenge #62 - Home Sweet Home

Hi all!  I hope you are enjoying your summer!  I'm having a good time at my cabin with my hubby, golfing, and hanging out with the girls!
 
There's a new challenge over on the Time Out blog.  It's Home Sweet Home week where we provide a photo of a room in a house for your inspiration.

Here's the photo.  Lots of inspiration!

 
I happen to spy that framed alphabet hanging on the wall.  I just recently found this alphabet cover plate in my dies and knew that it would be perfect for this challenge!  I die cut it from black and then again from red cardstock.  I cut the A-E-I-O-U letters (I didn't see that the Y was also in red on the photo!) from the red cardstock and applied them over the black letters, like it is in the photo.  I debated what sentiment to put on it, when I realized I needed a graduation card.  Perfect!
 
You can see more from the Time Out DT and our guest for this challenge, Stephanie, on the Time Out blog
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red, black
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Alphabet cover plate (Lil' Inkers), Trio Banner die (WP9), white embossing powder, Nuvo crystal drops

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jill Vickers said...

Such a great take on the inspiration photo, Lisa - and absolutely perfect for a new grad! I love the bold black and red letters - so perfect against the white background - it creates a great graphic design! I don't know if that cover plate die is still available - but if it is, it will definitely end up in my cart :) Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Gerrina said...

Sometimes all comes together... Think your card is a stunning one! Great graphic design! Hugs, Gerrina

LeAnne said...

This is SOOOOO cool!

sandie said...

Oh that is the perfect cover plate for this photo and adding these letter for a grad card is just such a cool idea. Just love the graphic look. Have fun on your hols x

Lynn said...

You cover plate is perfection. Love that you made this a grad card!

Eliz Stewart said...

Fabulous card!

Joyce said...

Bold and stunning. Love how you made your vowels red.

Anita in France said...

Cool, bold, graphic and fabulous, Lisa ... what a stunning take on the photo inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin